Background

Sunday, May 7, 2017

Sadder than sad

One of my favorite parts of the day is when I check my TimeHop app. Every day, it takes me back, whether to when my babies were tiny or to when I had the free time to spend every spare second spoiling my nieces and nephews.

Those were the days.

Today's reminder was of Freddie Bear crying. He'd just turned four months old and was upset about something that I can't remember.

I showed him the picture on the way to church this morning - both boys like to see their smaller selves. A few minutes after he'd first seen it, Freddie said, "Mama, let me see me crying when I was a little baby," so I showed him again.

As soon as he saw it a second time, he guessed why Baby Fred was so unhappy:

"Maybe I was itchy," he said.

He may be right. Poor little Freckle Bear can't remember a day without seasonal allergies and eczema. I'm SO thankful that these are the toughest things he's faced so far, but still. I sure do wish they'd both clear up, so my little buddy isn't "itchy" all the time.


No comments:

Post a Comment