For years, I have smugly mocked those moms who spend $50 on cow costumes to get $30 worth of free chicken, and as much as I love Chick-fil-A, I have never once fallen victim to this brilliant marketing ploy.Then came this morning.
It was just before 10, and I was already about to lose my mind over the mess(es) the boys were making even as I was trying to straighten up (it's been rightly said that trying to clean your house with children in it is about as useless as brushing your teeth while you're eating cookies). so when I saw the flood of "Dressed my kids like pirates / got free doughnuts" posts all over my social media, I had a pair of scalawags in the van before you could say, "Krispy Kreme."
Cow Appreciation Day, you're more than likely next.
Anyway.
Turns out, there are advantages to having boys whose wardrobes are 97% comprised of red stripes.Jones and Freddie were surprisingly excited about the whole thing. Given that just yesterday Jones wouldn't let Lizzie Gray paint his face at her church's Family Fun Fest, it shocked me that he let me draw on his face with a dry erase marker. When I put the earring on him, he seemed happy about it!
So off we went, "Pirate Island" on repeat the entire trip (no. Seriously. THE ENTIRE TRIP).
Because both boys were dressed up, we got two dozen (HOT!) doughnuts. We decided to give one dozen to our friends at the Pressley Group and the other dozen to Nan and Pop Pressley.
The moral of the story is that, sometimes, $50 is a perfectly reasonable amount to invest in $30 worth of chicken if it means getting out of the house for three consecutive hours.
Also, I have GOT to get some help around here. Anyone want to hang out with a super cute pair of pirates, so their mama can fold some friggin' laundry?!?







No comments:
Post a Comment