Background

Monday, September 12, 2016

Happy Birthday, Jeremy!



You know you married the right kind of guy when you ask, "Do you want to go to Nashville and ride Thomas on your birthday?" and he immediately answers, "Sure!"

So while we were, technically, taking a trip for the boys on the big day, Jeremy's family, the boys, and I still tried to be sure he felt celebrated as he turned 39 on Saturday.

Celebrations started Thursday with dinner at the Chef's Table in Waynesville. I even got a babysitter! The Pressleys gave us a gift card for Christmas last year, and we finally got around to using it. After a dinner so delicious (I had the Deconstructed Lasagna. UNREAL.), both Jeremy and I wondered why we'd waited so long!

Saturday morning, the Pressleys joined us for breakfast at Joey's before we headed out to Tennessee, and after the Thomas trip, Brooke had a cake waiting for him, too (you know you picked the right kind of friends when ...).

Sunday, we got back just in time for a dinner with the Pressleys - roast beef and all its trimmings. Now that we've both rounded the bend to 39, I guess it's time to start amping up the plans for 40 ... I just realized that we'll be driving home from Disney World on the day of Jeremy's 40th.

Ah, parenthood!


On the way to church Wednesday, the boys and I stopped
at Walgreens to get Jeremy a card. Jones picked out a
($6!!!!!?!?!?!) card with construction trucks on it
and asked about 19 times each day after if he could have it.
After Jeremy finally opened it, he got it - and showed it
off to his Nan.
Thanks, Brookie!

Freddie has proclaimed himself the candle master.
Without being asked, he "helped" Jeremy with candles
at both Brooke's and the Pressleys'.







Jones got this at the UT Student Union
on our way home from Nashville.
He calls it his "Tigger Ball," because it's
orange and "T is for Tigger." 














No comments:

Post a Comment