Here are a few quick little, cute exchanges with Jones from today and tonite (I know that the more that he starts talking, there more of these there will be, so just get ready).ME: I like you, Jones Pressley.
JONES: I like you, Mama Peh-pees (sounds like the plural version of "Peppy Leppew").
__________
(background info: Jones does NOT like to sleep with anything - not even his stuffed Tec. I'll periodically say, "Do you want {fill in the blank} to sleep with you?" and he never, ever does ... until a week or two ago, that is. He wanted to sleep with his "fi-uh toot," which is a Matchbox firetruck, so he did.
Given how much he's been playing with Mack and Wahken lately, I thought he might like to sleep with Wahken, so as we cleaned up the playroom, I asked ...)
ME: Would you like for Lightnin' to sleep with you tonite?
JONES (looking at me like I'm CRAZY): He not sleepy.
__________
Apparently, though Wahken wasn't sleepy, the Matchbox truck (yellow, like his fiuh toot) Jones got at Walmart today WAS. So the three of us - Jones, the truck, and me - cuckled up to sing before they went to bed. Typically, we sing three songs - two verses of "Jones," the Hym
n of the Month, and the encore he cons me into after he's in his crib.
Tonite, we made it through the first verse of our first song when Jones sat up from where he was laying on my chest and said:
JONES: Truck sleepy.
ME: Fire truck sleepy?
JONES: Truck sleepy (so he DOES know the difference between the truck and the fire truck, I thought to myself).
ME: Well, you two had better get in the bed, then.
He immediately walked to his crib; I loaded him into it, and we prayed. There was no single finger stuck in my face as he begged, "One more?" There was just my prayer followed by his "Amen."
I guess the two of them wanted to be left alone.
__________
And this isn't about Jones, but it is a quick little, cute thing that Freddie did today. Tonite at dinner, Freddie asked for more dip (ketchup). I assumed he wanted it for his fish sticks. Turns out, he just wanted more ketchup. He proceeded to eat it, on its own, with his fingers.
From where he stood beside him, Jones pointed at Freddie's face and said, "Mees! Mees!"
No comments:
Post a Comment