Background

Thursday, April 2, 2015

Shortie

I've taken his little step stool out of the playroom.
Now that I have, Freddie's favorite sitting spot is on the
hood of the toy Bronco that belonged to
his daddy as a boy. It's hilarious to watch him "park" there.
There are about a thousand pictures I want to post, but, as is the story of my life, now that the boys are in bed, there are about a thousand things I'd rather do than write a blogpost - most notably, take a bath and read Twitter.

There are a few things that happened over the last couple of days that I really DO want to jot down, though:

1) Last nite, as I was getting ready to take Freddie to his room, I said to Jones, "Tell Brother, 'Good nite.'" Jones blew him a kiss (which is very typical) and then said, "I ugh ooo, Ba-bee." THAT little addition is NOT typical. In fact, though he'll almost always say, "I ugh OO, Mama" when I say it to him, it's the first time Jones has said it to Freddie. And it was adorable.

These are probably my favorite jammies
he's ever owned. Thank God for
Old Navy.
2) Today, Freddie's sleeve was down over his hand. Jones noticed and went over to the John Deere Cozy Coupe where Freddie was standing. Jones tried to get the sleeve up over Freddie's hand, but when he couldn't, he said, "Mama, Ba-bee. Hee (hand)." It was just really cute watching him try to help Freddie.

3) Later, he was doing anything BUT helping him. I was in the laundry room, folding clothes, and the boys were in the den. I heard Freddie Bear crying. When I walked in to check it out, Freddie was on the floor, belly-down, and Jones was on his knees right beside him.

Before I'd said a word to him, Jones looked up at me, shrugged his shoulders, and said, "I own know, Mama" (I don't know, Mama). Guilty conscience much?

4) The Pressleys came over for dinner tonite. They brought with them a massive Easter basket for the boys. In it, there were two stuffed bunnies, one for each of my buddies. Jones's was the bunny from "Guess How Much I Love You."

He spent part of the evening crawling around on all fours, giving his bunny a piggy back ride. Oh, and for probably ten minutes after I told him Nan and Pop were coming over, Jones would periodically say to me, "Nana comin'! Nana comin'!"

SO sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment