Happy Easter!
Since last Thursday, the entire Pressley family has been battling the Plague, so today's planned celebration got postponed to tomorrow. Still, the four of us had felt well enough for long enough to make it to church this morning ... and, after a nap, to dinner tonite at J. Arthurs in Maggie Valley. Tomorrow, we're celebrating both Easter and "Dahdah's" birthday at the Pressleys' house ... assuming everyone stays well.
Oh, and here's a funny story from yesterday:
For months, Freddie has had a fascination with pulling the grate off of air returns. He does it here, Mom's, the Pressleys'. Well, Saturday morning, the boys were in the "dee" (den), drinking their juice, and I was in the kitchen. Jones stood at the gate between the two rooms and said, "Juice down dere, Ma-ma.
Huh?!?
So I walked into the dee and followed Jones to the open air return. When I looked down into it, I saw that he was right. There was a juice cup. I pulled it out and hand it to him, as he clapped for my success. A few seconds later, he said again, "Juice down dere, Ma-ma." This trip required that I stick my hand down into the open return, since I couldn't see anything else. Of course, I pulled out another cup, and, once again, Jones clapped. I can only imagine how many more times I'll be mining "treasures" out of those things.
Also, when we got home from dinner tonite, we were all walking up the steps. I counted them, as I always do. Tonite, when I said, "One," FREDDIE followed with "two," and he picked the count up again when I got to "five." Now, if I could just get BOTH boys to say, "ONE."




No comments:
Post a Comment