Background

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Brother Buddies

Without being told to,
Jones kept reaching in to the cookie cup and pulling out
Cheek-Its, which he'd then hand to his baby brother.
Don't get me wrong.

For every nice thing that Jones does for Freddie, there are a thousand not-so-nice things he does to him. But lately, there have been a string of really sweet ways that Big Brother has treated Baby. I never want to forget them. In fact, I want to CLING to them when I have to start constantly yelling, "LEAVE YOUR BROTHER ALONE!" I know that time's comin':


1) Anyway, I've already mentioned Jones covering Freddie up with his afghan and telling me, "Baby fall" if Jones feels like Freddie is too close to the edge of something.

2) Well, today, Jeremy, Jones, and I were all outside in the yard, while Freddie finished up his nap. When I brought Freddie out a little while later, Jones handed Freddie Cheez-Its from the little cup Jones had been eating them out of. He just kept getting them, one at a time, and handing them to Baby. He'd even pick them up and hand them back whenever Freddie'd accidentally drop them.  It was VERY sweet.

3) Later tonite, we went out for Mexican (right after leaving the gym, which was, of course, a VERY wise choice).  Freddie was sitting in his little table mate chair (which, by the way, Brooke, is about to officially become AJ's. You'll see why in just a second). It's so much more secure, I think, than a restaurant-style high chair. Well, in theory it is. Its purpose is kinda defeated when your 14 month old figures out how to stand up in the daggone thing. Tonite, when Freddie did it, Jones watched from across the table and said, "Mama! Ba-by!" Just in case I wasn't paying attention. Thanks, Son.

As amazing as it is to watch Freddie watch Jones, it's just as awesome to see how, without ever being asked to, Jones has become Freddie's keeper.

I can't believe how lucky I am to spend my days and nites with these two.

Also, I love this picture of Jones.




No comments:

Post a Comment