Background

Friday, May 23, 2014

Happy Easter!


So, Easter happened.

I'm sure you all knew that, though you couldn't tell it by this blog, as I am about as frequent a blogger  as I am a cook. There were a few super cute things, though, that I wanted to remember about the holiday, so I'm adopting the "better late than never" philosophy and posting this nearly a month after it all happened.

1) When I picked Jones and Freddie up from the nursery after church, the workers had a tale to tell me about Big Brother. Apparently, Stella Hyatt, who is incredibly affectionate for an almost two year-old, kept going over and kissing Freddie on the arm. Whenever she would, jealous Jonesie would grunt at her and stick his cheek out her way for a kiss of his own.

2) After church, we went straight to lunch at the Pressleys'. I was outside, taking some pictures of Dolly's family, and when I came in, Jones was standing on the sofa barefoot, pulling off his pants. That's the way he stayed for the rest of the day - in nothing but a dress shirt and a bowtie. It was pretty adorable, if I do say so myself.

3) Uncle Brian taught Jones the sign for "more." He still does it to this day. It makes me sad that I didn't teach him signs when he was younger, as they'd be a whole lot easier to understand than his jabberwocky talking (which, by the way, is growing! Yesterday, he grabbed a football and said, "ball," and this morning, when we pulled in from taking Jeremy to work, he saw Daddy in the garage. He breathed in an excited sigh and whispered, "Poppop!").

That's all I have to say about Easter. This weekend, we're celebrating Memorial Day at Lake Chatuge. If I can find some wifi to rip off of a neighbor, I'll post some pictures. If not, I'll write again when we get home.

It may just take me nearly a month after it all happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment