Today, I had the distinct honor of serving at the Thanksgiving "Tasting Party" hosted by the HCA Preschool. Mrs. Burke had the AWESOME idea of having platesful of little bites of different fruits for the kids to sample. Before the party, she read to them from Genesis and talked to them about how God had made the fruits on Day Three of Creation. She then talked about what an imaginative Creator God is. It was absolutely awesome to hear her teaching them about God's creativity. Equally as awesome was hearing her describe to them the role of God's providence in guiding the Pilgrims.
I so enjoyed getting to be in Freddie's classroom, and I was so proud of Freddie for obeying Mrs. Burke and being unphased by my being there. If we don't return to HCA next year, it will be because God led us to homeschool as providentially as He led the Pilgrims to the New World. It will NOT be because we aren't absolutely and completely thrilled with the high level of Christian instruction the boys are getting at HCA.
This Thanksgiving week, that's one of the things for which I am most grateful!


No comments:
Post a Comment