At the boys' preschool Open House, there was a sign up sheet in both classrooms. I thought I was signing up to help at a party, which thrilled me, because, HELLO. PHOTO OP! So I signed up for one party for Jones and one party for Freddie (the max we were allowed to sign up for).Last Wednesday, I got a message from Mrs. Doris and Mrs. Janet. "Let us know what you need us to do for the Thanksgiving party!" Ohhhhh. So I guess I signed up to PLAN the Thanksgiving Party. Got it.
In a rush, I visited Amazon and Oriental Trading, my go-tos in such situations. They did not let me down, providing Jones's class with a Charlie Brown Thanksgiving Party, complete with story time and songs, a treat bag and a take-home craft.
What did mothers do before two-day shipping?
I'm thankful I'll never have to know.
It was awesome to be at school with the boys. Jeremy even came, which reminded me to be thankful for the kind of husband who'll take his lunch break at 9:30 a.m., so he can open 23 8 oz. water bottles.After we'd set up in Jones's class, we got to sneak a peek at Freddie's. I guess Freddie's class had been told to not talk, because we waved and spoke, and he didn't so much as crack a smile - which made me proud to see, I assume, that he knows to obey the teacher even when your mama is making crazy faces through the Dutch door of your classroom.
After school, Freddie came out wearing an Indian headdress he'd made. I loved it so much that we stopped and took a picture of him on the way home.
Oh, and Jones brought home his "Turkey Book," in which he said that this is how you cook a turkey:
"You put eyes and a mouth and pepperoni on it. Put it in the oven (I'm kinda surprised he knew what this was, since it's so rarely used in our house). Cook it at 5 degrees for 4 minutes (again, where'd ever hear something like that??). Take it out and eat it."When I read that to him later he corrected it, saying, "You cook it for four minutes; then you say the blessing and eat it."
Smart boy.
Tomorrow, they have a "feast" at school - KFC chicken tenders with potato wedges and a biscuit. Preschool is the BEST.
![]() |
| I'm pretty sure the little girl looking at the camera is the one Jones walked into school a few weeks go holding hands with. He gets very shy when I ask, but I THINK her name is Charlie? |



No comments:
Post a Comment