Jones Pressley is a Kevin McAlister-kind of kid. By that, I mean that nothing on this planet makes him happier than holiday decorations. I know ALL kids love decorations, but Jones seems to love them more than what is normal - or maybe he's just better at expressing his delight.Regardless, it is for his pleasure ALONE that I hang hearts on his door in February, put scarecrows on the porch in October, and do the myriad other holiday-specific things that I do, because trust me: those things are not done for ME or even Freddie. He could care less, or so it seems.
Because of Jones's great love, though, I've kind of begged Jeremy to let us do some "exterior illumination" here at the house. He's okay with greenery and white lights, but Jones's appetite is for the tacky, the tasteless, the totally off-the-wall. Give us your inflatable Santa peeking out of a plastic outhouse. Then my baby boy's Christmas cheer will be complete.
Without much hesitation, Jeremy agreed, and a few weeks ago, the boys and I got the clubhouse all dolled up. We added lights and the wooden Rudolph that used to bedeck the Pressleys' halls, and the result is a display to make Mama's Little Griswold catch his breath every time he steps outside.
There aren't many things that could make my Christmas merrier than that.





No comments:
Post a Comment