There's this random machine shop on the stretch of Asheville Highway that connects Canton to I-40. Even more randomly, the shop is painted the most BEAUTIFUL blue color - a cross between Carolina and Kentucky, now that I think about it. It's trimmed in red with white doors and honestly catches my eye every time we pass by it. Whenever it does, I think to myself, "That's a PERFECT backdrop for taking pictures of the boys."One day earlier this week, I decided to check my hypothesis. The lighting seemed just right, so I poured the boys into their first-day-of-school clothes and rushed down, hoping all the way that no one was at work there during my impromptu shoot.
As it turned out, the shots weren't as great as I was hoping they'd be but for reasons that have nothing to do with the lighting OR the background. The boys were just NOT in the mood to have their pictures taken. They tried to help me out, but ultimately, I realized I was trying to get blood from a turnip, so I left with these few favorites and every intention of returning again some other day - when the boys are as cooperative as the weather.
![]() |
| Since birth, Jones has had these monstrously long, thin fingers - just like his daddy's, not surprisingly. I love how this photo (accidentally) captured those. |









No comments:
Post a Comment