Background

Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Wild-ly entertaining

Tonite, the boys and I went to the Wilds to visit the kids, who are all at camp there.

Not only did I want to see the kids, but I also wanted Jones and Freddie to start learning the lay of the land up there, as it's likely where THEY'LL attend camp, too.

I can't even get over how well they did. There were a couple of complicating factors that could've made for a REALLY miserable nite - we didn't get home until after 10 p.m. (it's probably the latest my boys have ever stayed up IN THEIR LIVES). Plus, with Freddie potty-training ...

But they were TROOPERS. I was oh, so very proud and oh, so very glad that we are reaching the stage where late nites now and then aren't the end of the world they way they have been for the last few years.

As soon as we got to camp, we got to see Lila. Then, we waited a LONNNNNGGGG time for the big kids to get out of their service. While we waited, the boys played on the wide open fields, which they loved, but they probably had the best time playing with the water cannons. They got each other, but they most enjoyed getting their Uncle David.

We had snacks with the kids and then headed up. Jones had NO FITS; Freddie had NO ACCIDENTS, and I had NO IDEA how much fun life is when little boys act bigger than they actually are.















No comments:

Post a Comment