Background

Friday, June 16, 2017

CFBP Day Camp

Second only to the excitement I felt when I heard that Clyde First Baptist Preschool had places for Jones and Freddie this fall is the ELATION that overcame me when the Preschool Director told me that they also host a "day camp" all summer for kids enrolled in school.

If I'd known that, I may have ... nevermind.

Jeremy and I have decided to send the boys a couple of weeks this summer to help them get used to CFBP, so that the learning curve isn't quite so steep come September 1 - when they'll go for one day before leaving to spend the next five at Disney World.

This past week was the first of our "trial runs."

This makes me so jealous that they
weren't in school for Mother's Day.
Unless the teachers are lying to me, both boys did GREAT. Jones had one tiny moment when he got sort of stubborn after I first left on the first day (the whole "Freddie's-not-in-your-class" thing hit as hard as I expected it would). Besides that, both boys settled in VERY well, and they absolutely LOVED going, which completely affirmed our decision to put them into preschool this fall.

They loved coming home, bearing gifts of their own creation (including a popsicle picture that said, "Dad, you're the coolest" for Father's Day). They loved eating "lunch" at school. They loved the new water bottles I bought them for the occasion. They absolutely loved the whole experience.

I, of course, loved the time off. I didn't accomplish NEARLY as much as I'd planned or hoped, but still. Peace and quiet from the moment Jeremy left to drop the boys off (a task he ADORABLY relished; seriously, he wouldn't HEAR of having me drop the boys off. That was HIS job) was well worth the cost of their admission.

My favorite story from the whole week is this: Freddie didn't know his teacher's name (Jones had Mrs. Dorris). He called her "Choc-what Girl," because of her long, brown hair. "Freddie, what's your teacher's name?" "Choc-what Girl."

Or Mrs. Candace. Whichever, Son.















No comments:

Post a Comment