Today was full of still more Christmas cheer. First off, the boys put the ornaments on the Christmas tree that has now been up for no fewer than nine days. They LOVED doing this and placed every single ornament on the bottom 1/3 of the tree. I just left them there, because, honestly, who cares?After their naps, the boys got up and got dressed to head to the 3rd Generation Barn Loft for their Living Nativity. We've done it once before, and it's super cool. But before we could leave, Jones disobeyed (and talked back), and the consequence for his disobedience was staying home. For a child who loves farms, barns, and livestock as much as Jones Pressley does, this was pretty painful. At least, I hope it was.
That meant Freddie and I flew solo, which is something we next to never get to do (it also meant Jeremy and Jones stayed home and watched the SEC Championship, which I suspect may have had something to do with Jeremy's selection of consequence. But I digress).
The event was so cool. I wish Jones would've been there, not only because it's another way for him to hear the Christmas story but also because it combines a few of his favorite things - performance and a barnyard. Freddie, though, loved petting the donkey; he even kissed it. During the rest of the presentation, he climbed on our hay bale "chair" and swung from the white wooden cross ties in the nearly 100 year old barn.He MAY have missed the point of the story.
As we drove home after the performance, Freddie grandly announced every time we passed Christmas lights - "Wook out yours windows! Wook out mize windows!" He's inherited his brother's enthusiasm, it seems.
Finally home, we ate some of Jeremy's delicious chili, while Jeremy went to ring the bell for the Salvation Army - an assignment from his Rotary Club. Then, the boys and I did our Advent lesson, read some Christmas books, and hit the Christmas hay.
Fun begins again about ten hours from now.
![]() |
| I'm in love with our new tree skirt. |
![]() |
| SEC Championship; Roll Tide Roll! |
![]() |
| When we went outside to head to the Nativity, Jones immediately ran over to the wooden Santa "standing" there and said, "Please, Santa, don't forget to bring me Stinky the Garbage Truck." |
| kissing a donkey |
![]() |
| This is me. I have graying hair and live here, too. I took this picture to prove it. |










No comments:
Post a Comment