Background

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

the Last of Jones's 3rd Birthday Celebrations


This is a double-doozie cookie cake from Sam's.
I think they'll serve these in Heaven.
Until Freddie was born, all three of my parents' grandsons shared the same October birthweek. Jones's is the 16th; Camden's is the 19th, and Payton's is the 23rd. We decided to combine their birthday celebrations this year with cookie cake at our place.


I honestly can't believe how big
a hit this $20 Walgreens drumset has been.

For some reason, Jones got very nervous about
blowing out the candles on the cake.
When Payton blew them out,
Jones patted him on the back and said,
"Good job, Bobo!" 

Tacky tank tops are among Camden's
favorite things, so I got him this one for his birthday,
in case he needed something dressy
for his upcoming Homecoming dance. 
Jones was VERY excited about
that Bullseye that his Aunt SeaSea got him.
Later that nite, we went to the Pressleys',
and Bullseye was the one toy
he asked to take with him!


This police car from Mayme and Pop
is pretty awesome, especially
when it's rollin' on harvest gold linoleum!
Jones could NOT figure out what I meant by "press the forward
arrow," so he kept pushing the backward, making the
car crash every single time.


Sissy had just told Payton to quit throwing the Nerf-y football
in our den when I said, "There is nothing in this den that he
can hurt." Like those who said the Titanic couldn't sink,
I was wrong. The next time Payton threw it,
the football hit Jones's drumkit at the one spot where it COULD
be hurt, so that meant buying another set - which is good,
because now, both boys have one!
In addition to "the Hot Dog Song,"
Jones can ALSO play the theme song
to "Special Agent OSO."
After I explained to Jones what thank
you notes are, I asked him to draw a
picture on each card. He took the pen
and traced the roadway that's around
the edges. Boys.
The boys are OBSESSED with the
fire truck tent Jones got from his Nan
and Pop. They especially love eating
in there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment