Background

Friday, April 25, 2014

Two things

1) Jones loves a rocking horse. He has two at Mom & Daddy's, one that they gave him for Christmas and another - larger and with springs! - that's been in the family, since Camden was a little cowpoke.

The larger one is right by his bed, and most of the time, he'll stand up in his crib after a nap and point at it, wanting to take a quick ride as soon as he wakes up. 

The other he's just getting tall enough to climb on himself. This morning, he mounted the stuffed steed and sat on it, while he and Brother got one of several daily doses of "Imagination Movers," a show on Disney Junior that I can't quite figure out but that Jones just loves. 

I thought he'd have trouble getting off of it on his own. I let him try (taking all that "Raising Boys" reading to heart!), with me sitting close enough by to catch him should he start to fall in Freddie's direction, and he figured it out, all by himself!

2) The elevator that I mocked Mom & Daddy for installing in their house has saved my head on more than one occasion! With two babies - one of whom, as I've already mentioned, can walk but won't - it's the only way I can safely get them both to the same place at the same time.

Typically, I'll sit Jones on the floor of it and hold Freddie while we ride. Whenever we get to where we're going, though, Freddie and I will step off, and Jones will stay in, sliding shut the folding door, as if he's after some alone time. He does this without fail. Every single ride. Not only is it precious, it's also practical! I'm able to put Freddie down, knowing Jones is safely contained in a wooden rectangle whose buttons he can only reach when I'm in there with him.

Win-win.


While we're talking buttons, let me just say that his favorite is the light switch. If it's just me and him, I'll hold him; he thinks it's the funniest thing in the world to cut the lights off ... with the hand that's not attached to whichever thumb he's sucking. 

(As with the rest of these posts, these stories aren't meant to be poetic; they're just meant to be my reminders of sweet little moments with my sweet little boys.)

No comments:

Post a Comment