Background

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Jeremy's Birthday

Finally!

I am no longer "the older woman."  Jeremy has, at last, turned 36, making us, finally, the same age. 

We celebrated with Jeremy's family on Sunday after church and with mine for lunch on the big day. We went to the Rice Bowl, where Jones shared my Lettuce Wraps - and the peas and carrots that had been picked out of his daddy's Fried Rice. He did NOT behave all that well. I'm not going to gloss over the fact that he was fussier and more demanding than ever, probably bothered by the realization that his daddy's getting older.

I'm kidding. But not about the bad behavior.

Later, Jeremy and I had a hot date to the Cracker Barrel, where we very gratefully used Aunt Dolly's giftcard to Jeremy.  No need to get dessert, though.  It was the one day a year that I actually bake ... and this year was no different.  I made Jeremy the Cracker Barrel Coca Cola Double Fudge Cake that I always do, but he only ate one piece, which makes me think that, just maybe, my copycat wasn't anywhere near as good as the real thing.

Surprise, surprise.

The next family birthday belongs to my favorite almost 11-month old!  Countdown to Disney sits at 34 days!












I know this picture isn't of Jones,
but isn't Jeremy just so handsome?!

No comments:

Post a Comment