If you ask me, tonite's milestone was more mine than Jones's. I knew HE'D do great with his first non-family babysitter. I wasn't sure how I'D do, though.
Typically, Jeremy's parents are our babysitters in Canton, and mine are in Greenville. The Pressleys are out West right now, though, and Jeremy had his annual Mars Hill Recignition Dinner in Asheville tonite, so I had to do something I'd been dreading: I had to hire someone to babysit.
God couldn't have given us a more perfect person ... er, people ... for the job. Marleigh Meadows, one of our pastor's three daughters, did the honors. She's a new babysitter, though, so her parents tag-teamed being here with her, while she did all the heavy lifting of playing with and putting Jones to bed.
She says he did great. So either she's covering for him, or he actually DID do great. Knowing him, I tend to think the latter.
I did pretty great, too, by the way. God gave me the grace to get through what I thought would be really hard, and I actually had a really nice nite out with Jeremy.
I wonder if she's free next week?

No comments:
Post a Comment