Background

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

When do we eat?

Jones with Daddy & Dr. O'Donnell

I love Jones's doctor so much.

We saw him on Monday (2/18) for Jones's four month check-up, and he seems so excited about babies.  Thankfully, he can't say enough great things about Jones's growth and development (praise the Lord).

Our little man is now 14 pounds, 4 ounces (30th percentile) and 24 1/4 inches (26th percentile). While his body may be on the (slightly) smaller side, he makes up for it with his massive noggin. I can't remember the exact measurement, but I'll never forget hearing "77th percentile," nor will I ever quit counting my lucky stars that it WASN'T that big at birth!

What is baby cereal
without the Gerber baby?
Jones also had his second round of shots. As he did last time, he handled them really well, never running a fever or really even fussing. I know that if we ever have another baby, it will be a hellraiser, because Jones has been absolutely HEAVENLY.

A major takeaway from Monday's appointment was Dr. O'Donnell's directive to start giving Jones table food.  Off I went to Ingles in search of Rice Cereal for now and a couple of veggies for later. I was looking for the big box with the Gerber baby on it, but apparently, things have changed, since I was everybody's babysitter twenty years ago, because the closest I could find was this box of Beech Nut, which we opened up and tried on Tuesday nite (2/19).

How did he like it, you ask?  I think this picture speaks a thousand words.

I make the same face whenever someone feeds me fish.
Apparently, 2 tablespoons of cereal + 3 tablespoons of formula = 1 less than excited baby.

It worked!
Never one to give up easily, Jeremy recommended we give him his bottle to calm him down and then try to sneak in the spoon when he was relaxed. He also thought springing the Bumbo on him at the same time as the cereal may have been too much new all at once. I say all that to say, "Why didn't I think of that?!" We tried Jeremy's suggestions, and, though he still wasn't wild about it, Jones did eventually get all of the cereal in. I guess that makes our mission a minor success.

We won the battle. Now for the war ...

No comments:

Post a Comment