Background

Sunday, October 7, 2018

Happy Auntcy!


Tonite, we got to have dinner with “Auntcy” in celebration of what would have been her’s and Uncle Ronnie’s 50th wedding anniversary.  We told the boys what we were doing on our way to church this morning, and Freddie said, “I want to sit beside Auntcy” at the restaurant. Then Jones said, “I want to sit beside Auntcy.” I didn’t press it, assuming sitting between the two boys would be one of the least relaxing ways possible to celebrate an anniversary. Still, as we were seated at Carabbas in Asheville, each boy, in turn, said, “I wanna sit beside Auntcy.” 

Ever a good sport, Auntcy ended up flanked by two little boys who look an awful lot like a little boy she used to know. To my GREAT relief, they did great. Freddie did as he does - sat close enough to actually be under her leg - but behaviorally, I was very proud of them both.

And I’m really glad we got to get this time with Auntcy. I hope it’s the first of many dinners with this sweet, loved lady!

No comments:

Post a Comment