Background

Friday, February 3, 2017

Pillow Talk

Today, I took "Black Harambe," the stuffed Gorilla Camden won at Dollywood and gave to Jones, into Jones's room at nap time. As soon as I handed him the animal, Jones sneakily pulled a toy airplane out from under the body pillow that Jones sleeps on every nite. He looked at my slyly and said Black Harambe wanted to play with the plane.

I laughed, not knowing he'd reached the stage of storing stuff underneath his double-sized pillow. Then, I tried to have the conversation again, so I could get it on camera.

This cracks me up. I never TOLD him not to store things under his pillow, so he's not disobeying. In fact, I'm kinda proud of his inventiveness.

The bigger my boys get, the more fun I think they are.

Oh, and now would be a good time to mention these two things, too:

1) on Wednesday, Mom was keeping the boys, while I was teaching at Furman. When she get to get Jones out of bed, he was naked (NOT unusual) and had a pen stuck between his butt cheeks, which he was wagging like a dog. He told Mom he'd grown a tail. I've told my friends for years: my four year old identifies as a dog.

2) Earlier today, Jones somehow opened the den door, which is surprising, because we have a special handle on it to prevent him from doing that. When he did it, I somewhat rhetorically asked, "Who opened this door?" Jones said, "I did." I said, "HOW?!" and he said, very matter of factly, "Because I'm a big boy."

He sure is.

Oh, and here's the video of him telling me why he keeps his airplane UNDER his pillow.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment