Background

Friday, April 5, 2013

Doing his Exer-sauc-es'


When we registered at Babies R Us, I didn't bother putting anything like an Exersaucer on the list. I just thought it was one of those contraptions the companies make you think you need but that will, in reality, end up like the treadmill at my parent's house - as nothing more than a place to pile the laundry you haven't washed yet. Then we went to Mom and Daddy's church last week, and, because I was a little skittish to leave Jones in the nursery with total strangers (even Christian strangers), I checked on him during the service and found my bouncing baby boy literally bouncing in an Exersaucer. 

"Maybe it's not such a racket," I started to think. 

Later that week, we got our tax refund, and instead of splurging on something like a day at the spa or a jumbo pack of toilet paper, as I'd probably have done before Baby, I took myself - and my nephew Camden - to Babies R Us where we bought what Jeremy incorrectly (though adorably) calls Jones's "Jazzerciser."

Since we were eating at the Pressleys' that nite, we put it together over there. He wasn't instantly in love with it, but I'm choosing to believe that it'll grow on him.  If it doesn't, Heaven knows there's PLENTY of laundry I haven't washed yet that we can just pile on top of it.

Win-win.











No comments:

Post a Comment